The United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR) published their Work Programme which is the first launched under the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030. The Work Programme is guided by the UNISDR Strategic Framework 2016-2021 and covers two biennia, 2016-2019.
UNISDR’s work is organised around three Strategic Objectives (SOs) and supported by two Enablers, each with corresponding deliverables:
- SO1- Strengthen global monitoring, analysis and coordination of Sendai Framework implementation;
- SO2- Support to regional and national Sendai Framework implementation;
- SO3- Catalyse action through Member States and Partners;
- Enabler 1- Effective knowledge management, communication and global advocacy;
- Enabler 2- Strengthened organisational performance.
The full text of the Work Programme as well as its Overview are available here.